Event type : Cultural Walk
Day : Monday 24th April 2023
Time (GMT) : 09:45am (meet) – 10:00am (start)
Duration : 2 hours
Language : English
Language Level : C1 (Advanced)
Place : The main and only exit at Southwark Tube Station
Price : £21 (+booking fees)
Monday 24th April 2023 at 09:45am (meet) – 10:00am (start)
Meeting Point: The main and only exit at Southwark Tube Station.
A long Waterloo hike to understand the development of London!
Waterloo may not come first on your list of London places to visit: to the French it is an unpleasant memory, and to most people a mishmash of railway tracks and noisy, nondescript streets. However far it may be from the glamour of the West End, Waterloo has many stories to tell, though.
This guided tour will help you understand an area that has much to say about London, its history, its residents and local heroes and its development into a huge metropolis. We will cover a lot of ground together: be ready to walk Waterloo!
Book now on Eventbrite by clicking here.
Advice to participants:
– Wear ultra-comfortable shoes.
– Check weather forecasts and make sure you have warm and waterproof clothes if necessary. Being cold on a walking tour can spoil the entire experience.
– Do not hesitate to bring a little snack with you (nuts or biscuits) and a flask of your favourite drink.
What you will improve in :
- Language : Expand your knowledge and use of vocabulary.
- Culture : Test your memory to remember the names of the characters, events and places encountered in this walk.