Event type : Cultural Walk
Day : Tuesday 31st January 2023
Time (GMT) : 10:15am (meet) – 10:30am (start)
Duration : 3 hours
Language : English
Language Level : C1 (Advanced)
Place : Inside Hoxton Tube Station (Overground), in the hall, near the tickets booths
Price : £32 (+booking fees)
Tuesday 31st January 2023 at 10:15am (meet) – 10:30am (start)
Meeting Point: Inside Hoxton Tube Station (Overground), in the hall, near the tickets booths.
Be ready for a kaleidoscopic experience!
This time we’re going to head east and explore an ever-changing corner of Hackney. Old almshouses, the development of the furniture industry, railway tracks, lovely gardens, gentrification and the newly renovated Museum of the Home await us!
There, we will focus on style, taste, femininity and what makes a house a home, and it will be an opportunity to discuss the latest trends in museography. At the end of the tour, we will have the opportunity to visit N°14, an original Almshouse with the Museum Curator.
Book now on Eventbrite by clicking here.
Advice to participants:
– Wear ultra-comfortable shoes.
– Check weather forecasts and make sure you have warm and waterproof clothes if necessary. Being cold on a walking tour can spoil the entire experience.
– Do not hesitate to bring a little snack with you (nuts or biscuits) and a flask of your favourite drink.
What you will improve in :
- Language : Perfect your vocabulary.
- Culture : Check your Hackney area knowledge.