Event type : Cultural Walk
Day : Friday 25th November 2022
Time (GMT) : 10:15am (meet) – 10:30am (start)
Duration : 2 hours 30 minutes
Language : English
Language Level : C1 (Advanced)
Place : Meet under the Wellington Arch at Hyde Park Corner.
Price : £33 (+booking fees)
Friday 25th November 2022 at 10:15am (meet) – 10:30am (start)
Meeting Point: Meet under the Wellington Arch at Hyde Park Corner.
Discover what is hiding behind the most visible traffic island in London!
Number 1, London: the address is easy to remember, the site is unmissable – who has never driven past Hyde Park Corner? – and the house is full of invaluable treasures. Together we will relive the great Napoleonic epic story and explore the house of the victor, the imperious Duke of Wellington.
We will talk about battles won and lost, statues and horses, wives and mistresses, not to mention the treasures that fill that historic house: sumptuous old master paintings, beautiful silver services and sets of porcelain, and also some rather more surprising curios. And frankly, who could resist the temptation of seeing Napoleon naked? Come and join us at Hyde Park Corner for an unforgettable morning of discoveries.
Advice to participants:
– Wear ultra-comfortable shoes.
– Check weather forecasts and make sure you have warm and waterproof clothes if necessary. Being cold on a walking tour can spoil the entire experience.
– Do not hesitate to bring a little snack with you (nuts or biscuits) and a flask of your favourite drink.
What you will improve in :
- Language: Perfect your vocabulary.
- Culture: Boost your 19th century knowledge.