Event type : Cultural Walk
Day : Monday 6th November 2023
Time (GMT) : 10:15am (meet) – 10:30am (start)
Duration : 2 hours
Language : English
Language Level : C1 (Advanced)
Place : Farringdon Tube Station.
Price : £21 (+booking fees)
Monday 6th November 2023 at 10:15am (meet) – 10:30am (start)
Meeting Point: Farringdon Tube Station.
Explore the hidden gems of London’s Diamond District.
This walking tour will explore a little-known part of London that today is home to the diamond and jewellery dealers of our capital city, but it has a rich history beyond gemstones, including connections to Queen Elizabeth I, William Shakespeare and Charles Dickens. It was the scene of a brazen jewellery heist, and we will visit a rare survivor of the Reformation that dates back to the time of Edward I.
Come and discover the hidden gems that abound in the winding streets and alleyways of this corner of London!
Book now on Eventbrite by clicking here.
Advice to participants:
– Wear ultra-comfortable shoes.
– Check weather forecasts and make sure you have warm and waterproof clothes if necessary. Being cold on a walking tour can spoil the entire experience.
– Do not hesitate to bring a little snack with you (nuts or biscuits) and a flask of your favourite drink.
What you will improve in :
- Language : Expand your knowledge and use of vocabulary.
- Culture : Test your memory to remember the names of the characters, events and places encountered in this walk.