Event type : Cultural Walk
Day : Friday 28th October 2022
Time (GMT) : 09:45am (meet) – 10:00am (start)
Duration : 2 hours 30 minutes
Language : English
Language Level : C1 (Advanced)
Place : In front of the Dominion Theatre, near Tottenham Court Road Tube Station.
Price : £19 (+booking fees)
Friday 28th October 2022 at 09:45am (meet) – 10:00am (start)
Meeting Point: In front of the Dominion Theatre, near Tottenham Court Road Tube Station.
A walk to unlock the history and stories behind Bloomsbury’s elegant Georgian façades.
Our walk will take us from square to square in one of London’s most elegant Georgian neighbourhoods, but you will soon discover that there is much more to Bloomsbury than its rows of neo-classical terraces and its leafy gardens. Bloomsbury has been home to many a progressive cause: social reformers, avant-garde artists, supporters of female education and suffrage, radical philosophers, economists and academics, pacifists, and conscientious objectors, not to mention the famous “Bloomsbury Group” have all lived here!
Come and discover the Bloomsbury residents who thought outside the box!
Advice to participants:
– Wear ultra-comfortable shoes.
– Check weather forecasts and make sure you have warm and waterproof clothes if necessary. Being cold on a walking tour can spoil the entire experience.
– Do not hesitate to bring a little snack with you (nuts or biscuits) and a flask of your favourite drink.
What you will improve in :
- Language: Perfect your vocabulary.
- Culture: Check your Bloomsbury knowledge.