Event type : Cultural Walk
Day : Monday 10th October 2022
Time (GMT) : 09:45am (meet) – 10:00am (start)
Duration : 2 hours 30 minutes
Language : English
Language Level : C1 (Advanced)
Place : At the foot of the Albert Memorial, Kensington Gardens (Opposite the Royal Albert Hall).
Price : £19 (+booking fees)
Monday 10th October 2022 at 09:45am (meet) – 10:00am (start)
Meeting Point: At the foot of the Albert Memorial, Kensington Gardens (Opposite the Royal Albert Hall).
Come and immerse yourself in a world of opulence, ornament, self-righteousness, and self-confidence. Join the Victorians of South Ken!
The stuccoed and gabled facades of South Kensington exude wealth and opulence, but did you know that this part of London is relatively new? We owe its development to the Victorians who turned a westerly village into a cultural hub and a leafy residential district in the second half of the nineteenth century.
Come and discover the Victorians inside and out: their architecture, their aesthetics, their values and their morals, from the Albert memorial to the V&A Museum.
Advice to participants:
– Wear ultra-comfortable shoes.
– Check weather forecasts and make sure you have warm and waterproof clothes if necessary. Being cold on a walking tour can spoil the entire experience.
– Do not hesitate to bring a little snack with you (nuts or biscuits) and a flask of your favourite drink.
What you will improve in :
- Language: Build your reading skills.
- Culture: Learn all about Albertopolis.