Event type : Cultural Walk
Day : Monday 13th February 2023
Time (GMT) : 09:45am (meet) – 10:00am (start)
Duration : 2 hours
Language : English
Language Level : C1 (Advanced)
Place : In front of LEON on Tooley Street outside London Bridge Station, close to Battle Bridge Lane
Price : £19 (+booking fees)
Monday 13th February 2023 at 09:45am (meet) – 10:00am (start)
Meeting Point: In front of LEON on Tooley Street outside London Bridge Station, close to Battle Bridge Lane.
Join us to discover Southwark’s history, past and present.
Discover this ancient and historic part of London, a « liberty », where wharves, theatres, breweries, coaching inns, prisons, and alehouses once thrived and flourished.Today it continues to be an area rich in diversity and culture, with links to Chaucer, Shakespeare and Dickens. Highlights include Shakespeare’s Globe, Borough Market and Tate Modern.
Book now on Eventbrite by clicking here.
Advice to participants:
– Wear ultra-comfortable shoes.
– Check weather forecasts and make sure you have warm and waterproof clothes if necessary. Being cold on a walking tour can spoil the entire experience.
– Do not hesitate to bring a little snack with you (nuts or biscuits) and a flask of your favourite drink.
What you will improve in :
- Language : Expand your knowledge and use of vocabulary.
- Culture : Test your memory to remember the names of the characters, events and places encountered in this walk.